Category Archives: Beauty
Moisturize the skin around the eyes daily, use natural anti-aging treatments, include antioxidant foods in your diet, drink plenty of water and protect your eyes from the sun are simple measures that can help eliminate fine lines under the eyes without the need to have to resort to surgery. Those lines that form small folds under the eyes, in addition to adding years to our face, can make us look tired and fatigued very unattractive.
Wrinkles under the eyes: causes
The lines of expression or wrinkles under the eyes appear when the skin has lost the ability to replace collagen and elastin naturally, which are the two proteins that allow us to keep the tissues young, flexible, elastic and smooth.
Next, we show you what are the most common causes of the appearance of wrinkles under the eyes:
- Facial expressions and gestures
- Lack of hydration and poor skin care.
- Bad eating habits
- Excessive solar exposures
- Natural process of aging.
- Genetic factors.
Hydrate your skin to prevent and eliminate fine lines under the eyes
One of the most important measures both to prevent and eliminate the lines of expression under the eyes is to moisturize the skin every day, and that is that just stop doing so for a few days, you can quickly see how the wrinkles in the zone are accentuated or appear new.
The skin around the eyes is extremely sensitive, fine and delicate, so it tends to age more quickly, and to stop these signs of aging it is essential that you hydrate the skin of the eyes every day in the morning and at night. . There are many eye contour creams available in the market, but as what we need is an anti-aging action that helps us reduce the visibility of these lines of expression, it is best to contain ingredients that favor the elasticity and firmness of the skin. The skin, such as the following:
- Alpha hydroxide acid
- Hyaluronic acid
How to apply the cream for the eye area?
- Clean your face well with soap and water and use a make-up remover in case you have to remove traces of makeup.
- Deposit a small amount of product on your annual finger and start to apply it around the eyes giving small touches, without pressing excessively or dragging the product.
- If you also have eye bags, it is advisable that you apply the eye contour from the outside in to stop that retention. On the other hand, if you do not have bags, do it from the inside out.
- Apply the eye contour both in the morning and at night after having cleaned your skin well and you will get very fast results.
And if you still have doubts about which product to select, consult the tips in this article How to choose a cream for the eye area.
Protect the skin of the eyes when you expose yourself to the sun
Wear your best sunglasses! Protect your eyes whenever you are going to expose yourself to the sun’s rays is one of the best ways to prevent wrinkles under the eyes, and is that in many cases the skin of this area is aged precisely because of it, by long exposures to the sun without the adequate protection. In fact, even the simple gesture we make by inertia of wrinkling our eyes when it gives us directly, favors the exit of those lines of expression in the area.
The effects of the sun on our skin are tremendous and in addition to the wrinkles under the eyes, ultraviolet rays can cause severe burns and make dark circles intensify. Therefore, when you plan to expose yourself to the sun, protect yourself with sunglasses and a hat, in addition to using a suitable facial sunscreen. In the following article we help you choose the best product: How to choose a sunscreen for the face.
Remove your eyes every day
Removing the eyes and face in general at the end of the day is essential to maintain a radiant, beautiful and youthful complexion. If we ignore this action, we are contributing to the premature aging of our skin, since this is due to the applied products, it cannot perspire normally or regenerate properly. In addition, that if we do not remove our skin or remove our skin, the appearance of impurities and wrinkles is assured.
To cleanse your eyes, it is important to take into account some things, as it is a sensitive area that requires a specific cleaning:
- Choose a special make-up remover for the eye area and try to make it hypoallergenic. Biphasic formulas (aqueous and oily base) are the best option, as well as micellar waters.
- Pour some make-up remover on a cotton pad and place it over the eye for about 10 seconds.
- Then, go sliding the cotton disc from the upper part of the eyelid towards the eyelashes, doing the cleaning with ascending movements.
- It is important that you clean the eyes gently and without rubbing brusquely.
Eat more antioxidant foods and drink lots of water
Do not forget to pay attention to your daily diet, as in many cases bad eating habits are the main cause of wrinkles under the eyes and aging of the skin in general. In addition to following a balanced and healthy diet, it is advisable that you start to increase the consumption of antioxidant foods. The reason is that these foods have the ability to fight against free radicals, which are mainly responsible for cellular aging, and have many anti-aging properties. Among the foods richest in antioxidants, are: citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, fish with omega-3, oats, tomato, avocado, kiwi, etc. In this other article you can see more anti-aging foods, do not miss it!
And apart from the diet, remember that to keep a skin free of toxins and without lines of expression or wrinkles it is essential that you drink plenty of water daily, getting to consume preferably 1.5 or 2 liters a day.
Home remedies to eliminate fine lines under the eyes
- Let’s see below what home treatments can help you remove wrinkles from the eyes without surgery and in a completely natural way:
- Vaseline treatment: apply a small amount of this product around the eye area giving small touches. Leave on all night and rinse the face the next morning. This product prevents the skin from losing water, drying out and aging prematurely. Attenuates fine lines and prevents the appearance of new wrinkles.
- Cucumber and vitamin E mask: mix 1/2 crushed cucumber with the liquid of 1 capsule of vitamin E and apply the mask on the wrinkles of the eyes, letting it act for 20 minutes. This treatment is fabulous due to its antioxidant properties that stimulate the production of collagen and elastin and rejuvenate the tissues from the inside.
- Grape and aloe Vera oil: in a bowl, mix 5 tablespoons of grape oil with 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera. Apply the preparation on the eye area and let it act for 15 minutes. With this treatment, you will get to hydrate, purify and rejuvenate the skin of the eyes.
- Pineapple mask: mixing 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice with 1 small spoonful of organic honey you can get a great home remedy to eliminate fine lines under the eyes. And the pineapple is a fruit that contains alpha hydroxyl acid, which is ideal to reduce visible wrinkles and to repair tissue damage.
Discover other good recipes in the article How to make homemade cream for the eye contour.